Kelowna Curling Club
551 Recreation Ave, Kelowna
September 17th – 19th
Come down to the Kelowna Curling Club and check out a large selection of new and pre-owned winter sports gear.
All proceeds from this event support the first aid training of your local Canadian Ski Patrol volunteers.
Recent health orders require us to adopt the following measures:
- All attendees 12 years of age or older must have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with at least 1 dose. Proof of vaccination is required. BC residents should use the new BC Vaccine Card. Out of province persons, if not registered in the Provincial Immunization Registry, can bring a copy of their immunization record and a piece of government issued photo ID such as an out-of-province drivers license or a passport.
- All attendees 12 years of age or older must wear a face mask. The mask must cover both your nose and mouth at all times. Barrier devices such as plastic face guards, bandanas or jacket collars are not adequate.
- Indoor capacity is limited. Expect an outdoor lineup so please dress appropriately.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 m indoors and while waiting to enter.
Please review the following websites for more information:
- Proof of vaccination – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
- COVID-19 vaccination at a glance (bccdc.ca)
- Students Arriving in BC: What You Need to Know about Vaccination (bccdc.ca)
- Submit/Update My COVID-19 Immunization record
- Gatherings And Events COVID-19 Order for Interior Health Aug 20, 2021
|Consignment||Fri 17||12 – 9||Drop off your equipment.|
|Sat 18||8 – 10||Accepting last minute consignments.|
|Sales||Sat 18||9 – 5||Opens to the public. Arrive early for the best selection|
|Sun 19||9 – 1||Sales continue with 30% off Red Tagged items|
|Payout & Pickup||Sun 19||1 – 4||Pick up your check for your sold items and reclaim your unsold items|
What will I find at the Swap?
Skis, ski boots, ski poles, snowboards, snowboard boots & bindings, XC skis & boots, ski jackets, ski pants, gloves, goggles and more. A large selection of new skis and snowboards with & without bindings. A selection of used equipment in good condition. Equipment for beginners, intermediate and advanced, young and old.
How do I know what to equipment I should choose?
What payment methods are available?
You can pay for your purchases by Visa, Mastercard, Interac debit cards or cash. All sales are final
Is there an admission fee to enter the event?
There is an entrance fee of $2/person or $5/family. You can also gain entrance by bringing a non-perishable food item (one item per person) for donation to the Kelowna Food Bank.
What are the security arrangements?
Security staff will be on site for the duration of the event. They will be patrolling the arena and will be checking your items against your sales receipt upon exiting. We do not allow backpacks, large handbags or bulky jackets into the arena. Should you bring these items, you will be asked to return them to your car.
How do I sell my equipment at the Swap?
We will be accepting consignments Friday 12 pm to 9 pm and Saturday 8am-10am.
You can speed up the consignment process by filling out the online consignment form, printing out the form and bring it with you when you drop off your equipment. Or come down and we’ll do the paperwork then.
Your equipment must be in good condition and should be less than 5 years old. Equipment with defects such as base gouges or delaminating edges cannot be accepted. We cannot accept used helmets. We reserve the right to refuse poor quality items.
There is a $3 consignment fee for each item and we collect a 20% commission of the sale price of items that are sold.
You will receive an email when your equipment is sold. You can pick up the proceeds Sunday after 1pm. If your item did not sell, you will not received an email. Any part of your consignment that isn’t sold must be picked up Sunday between 1pm and 4pm. We are unable to store unsold items so you must pick them up. Equipment not reclaimed will be either donated to charity or disposed of. Sales proceeds not claimed on Sunday will be mailed to the address you provided.
We have numerous security people on site that work hard to ensure that equipment does not go missing, however, the Canadian Ski Patrol Ogopogo Zone cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please send your detailed questions to email@example.com